Tips for your herb garden:
- Make sure you understand what size each planting will mature to, and make sure you have adequate room for their growth
- Separate your plantings by rocks, bricks or artificial borders so the more aggressive plants don't suffocate the more delicate plantings
- Ensure your trimmings are done appropriately to encourage new growth. Techniques vary for each variety so make sure you find out before trimming!
- Label each planting as you go or make a map so your remember locations and can find more quickly at harvest time
- Let varieties, like basil, flower at the end of the season and save the seeds for next years garden!
Herb gardens are a lot of fun, don't take a tremendous amount of space, and can be widely used in food and drinks! Try some fresh mint in your iced tea this summer... you'll be hooked!